- River Eutrophication — numeric nutrient standards for rivers, streams, the Mississippi River pools and Lake Pepin.
- Total Suspended Solid (TSS) — replacement of the existing standard for water turbidity with more scientifically accurate, region-specific TSS standards.
- Human Health Methods — updates to the methods used for establishing the Class 2 chronic water quality standards to protect human health.
- Process for listing Class 2A waters as cold water communities/trout waters — refine the current basis for classifying Class 2A waters to also include biological information on the aquatic communities.
- Class 3 Waters — update the basis for identifying Class 3 waters and remove the numeric standards.
- Other changes to use classifications — regular review and updates to Class 1 and Class 7 Limited Resource Value Waters.
Caltha LLP provides expert consulting services to public and private sector clients in Minnesota and nationwide to address water quality standards, wastewater permitting and assessing potential impacts of chemicals in the aquatic environment.
Caltha LLP Aquatic Toxicology / WQ Standards Services Website